Montowese Health & Rehabilitation Center Recognized For Outstanding Wound Management Performance
NORTH HAVEN, CT – 12/18/2019. Montowese Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has received a Center of Excellence Certificate, awarded by Wound Care Specialists, LLC, Connecticut’s largest provider of post-acute and long-term care wound management services.
Leaders, physicians and clinicians from Montowese Nursing & Rehabilitation Center and Wound Care Specialists gathered today to celebrate the Center of Excellence award. The “Center of Excellence Certificate” is awarded to skilled nursing facilities in the Wound Care Specialists network that have demonstrated outstanding wound management performance for a minimum of twelve consecutive months.
The Center of Excellence Certificate is awarded to skilled nursing facilities that meet the following criteria:
- Average days to heal of less than 30 over a one-year period
- Dedicated facility wound nurse who conducts rounds led by a Wound Care Specialists provider
- PT/OT department providing one or more adjuvant wound healing modalities
- Registered dietician on staff
- Quarterly review of wound healing outcome data
- Facility acquired pressure ulcer rate at or less than state average during reporting period
“We are honored to award Montowese Nursing & Rehabilitation Center with a Center of Excellence Certificate for their outstanding wound management performance, said Jonathan Brenes, COO of Wound Care Specialists. “Our partnership with Montowese Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has demonstrated a commitment to advancing the treatment, healing and prevention of acute and chronic wounds.”
(In the photo above, from left to right: Meredith Ballard OTR/L, Stella Akopyants, Administrator, Linda Legall, Director of Nursing, Dr. Adrian Wyllie MD/Surgeon, Wound Care Specialists, LLC, Amy Gelbar OTR/L)