We are hiring a Cook to join our dynamic care team at Cape Heritage in Sandwich!
Full-time and part-time positions available
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a Cook, the primary purpose of your position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Chef Manager and/or Director of Dining Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
One (1) year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical facility preferred, but not necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow therapeutic diets ordered by the physician.
- Ensure the proper serving temperature of food.
- Maintain visual appeal of the food.
- Monitor daily nourishments, follow standardized recipes.
- Assure proper portion control.
- Adhere to sanitation and storage policy and procedure.
- Demonstrate correct safety techniques and follow safety guidelines as established and trained.
- Is knowledgeable in and ensures staff comply with privacy practices to protect residents’ health information.
- Represents Dining Services at Interdisciplinary Care Conference.
- Other duties assigned by the dining director.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of dining service procedures as well as related laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing home operations.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Cape Heritage is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 37 Massachusetts 6A, Sandwich, Massachusetts 02563
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person