We are hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our dynamic care team at Cape Heritage Rehab in Sandwich!
Full-time, part-time, and per diem available on all shifts.
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a member of our nursing team, you provide direct nursing care to residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the nursing assistant. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by your supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing or college.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must have a current and active RN license in the state.
- A minimum of one (1) year in a hospital, long-ter care facility, or other related health care facility is preferred, but not required.
- New graduates welcome!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet the nursing and rehabilitation needs of each resident.
- Maintain current resident care plans on all residents under his/her care.
- Follow physician’s orders. Renders and/or assist with complete nursing care, treatments, dressings, and other physician orders.
- Transcribe physician’s orders promptly and accurately.
- Review patient records daily to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Document comprehensive and complete nursing notes.
- Visit each resident daily to evaluate resident needs.
- Maintain accurate awareness of residents on alert list.
- Document and report any unusual or significant findings; contact the physician when necessary.
- Administer medication according to procedure.
- Maintain an accurate and safe control of all drugs for which he/she is responsible.
- Initiate any and all emergency procedures as necessary.
- Demonstrate correct safety techniques in accord with orientation and training processes of Athena and your specific job description.
- Complies with facility Privacy Practices Policies and Procedures and protects residents’ individual health information.
- Other duties assigned by Director of Nursing and other managerial team members.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must possess accurate and comprehensive assessment skills.
- Must be familiar with drug actions and interactions.
- Must have knowledge of restorative nursing rehabilitation policies and utilizes appropriately.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to appropriate personnel regarding emergencies.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Cape Heritage is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 37 Massachusetts 6A, Sandwich, Massachusetts 02563
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $45.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- Rehabilitation center
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Differential pay
- Overtime pay
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Weekends as needed
- RN License (Required)
Work Location: In person
|Nursing, Registered Nurse - RN