We are hiring a Nursing Supervisor to join our dynamic care team at Sharon Health Care Center in Sharon!
Includes on-call rotation
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a registered nurse supervisor, the primary purpose of your position is to direct the total nursing care activities in the facility during each shift of duty in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and as may be directed by the DNS, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
Experience & Education:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN in this state.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing, college, or university.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must have as a minimum, one (1) year experience in a hospital, long-term care facility or other related health care facility is preferable.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet the nursing and rehabilitation needs of each resident.
- Maintain current resident care plans on all residents under his/her care.
- Follow physician’s orders. Renders and/or assists with complete nursing care, treatments, dressings, and other physician orders.
- Transcribe physician’s orders promptly and accurately.
- Review patient records daily to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Document comprehensive and complete nursing notes.
- Maintain accurate awareness of residents on alert list/conduct and document RN assessments as needed.
- Document and report any unusual or significant findings; contact the physician when necessary.
- Administer medication according to procedure if applicable.
- Initiate any and all emergency procedures as necessary.
- Conduct oversight of Charge Nurse and CNA performances.
- Contributes to and promotes positive resident and family relations.
- Other duties may be assigned by manager.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess accurate and comprehensive assessment skills.
- Must have knowledge of restorative nursing and rehabilitation policies and utilizes appropriately.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with appropriate personnel regarding emergency situations.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Sharon is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 27 Hospital Hill Road, Sharon, Connecticut 06069
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42.00 – $50.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- Rehabilitation center
- RN License (Required)
Work Location: In person
|Nursing, Registered Nurse - RN, Supervisor