We are hiring for a Billing Specialist to join Athena Home Health & Hospice!
Working with our team will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately enters patient billing data, including visit charges and supply charges, into the information system.
- Accurately processes and bills Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient claims in accordance with payer requirements and organization policy.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly billing and accounts receivable reports.
- Responsible for understanding and completing cross training on insurance verifications, reviewing information from referrals, verifying coverage and obtaining authorization.
- Maintains accurate Medicare and Medicaid billing analysis reports.
- Maintains complete and accurate billing and accounts receivable records.
- Prepares Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient remittances for data entry.
- Alerts appropriate management team members regarding late or missing documents required for billing.
- Assists with the collection of receivables by monitoring accounts receivables, resubmitting bills to overdue accounts, and alerting the billing manager of seriously overdue accounts.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients, payers, and other customers.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient and organization information at all times.
- Performs other specific projects relating to billing, data entry, and computer operations as required.
Experience & Education:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in health care data entry, preferably in hospice care systems.
- At least one (1) year of previous health care related billing experience, preferably in hospice care billing.
- At least two (2) years college preferred.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
|Home Care/Hospice, Intake