We are hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Nurse to join our dynamic care team at Waterview Villa Rehab in East Providence!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As an RN Charge Nurse, your job is to provide direct nursing care to residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the nursing assistant. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by your supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. As the Registered Nurse, you are responsible and accountable for carrying out your assigned duties and reporting directly to the Nursing Supervisor. The position may include any other duties deemed appropriate and assigned by the Administrator/DNS.
Experience & Education:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing or college.
- A minimum one (1) year experience in a hospital, long-term care facility or other health care facility is preferable.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Participate in mandatory in-service training as requested.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all residents receive the highest quality of care in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, while promoting positive resident, family and employee relations.
- Provides oversight of CNA performance. Ensures that CNA’s are performing their assignments/duties in accordance with policies and procedures and standards of practice.
- Reviews resident records daily to assure accuracy and completeness. Maintains accurate awareness of residents on alert list. Documents comprehensive and complete nursing notes.
- Visits each resident daily to evaluate resident needs.
- Documents and reports (to the RN Supervisor) any unusual/significant findings, or changes of condition; contacts the physician and responsible party per policy. Per Connecticut guidelines RN to perform assessments, LPN’s to gather data for assessments.
- Transcribes and follows physician’s orders promptly and accurately. Renders and/or assists with completing nursing care, treatments and medication administration, dressings, and other physician orders as applicable.
- Communicates relevant clinical information to CNA’s, Nursing Supervisor & oncoming shift.
- Maintains and oversees current Resident Care Plans and CNA Care Cards on all residents under his/her care. Participates in resident care plan meetings.
- Follows Pharmacy policies and procedures. Maintains an accurate and safe control of all drugs for which he/she is responsible.
- Ensures that CNA’s follow established Infection Control Procedures to prevent the spreading of infection. Demonstrates correct safety techniques.
- Completes Accidents and Incidents reports (Reportable events), ensuring that all appropriate notifications, documentation, investigation, reporting, and interventions are complete.
- Initiates any and all emergency/disaster procedures as necessary. Be familiar with and ensure that staff adheres to safety, health, fire, disaster, emergency, sanitation codes and MSDS.
- Completes yearly performance evaluations of CNA’s as directed by the DNS.
- Participates in surveys and inspections by government agencies and implements plans of correction for deficiencies as directed by the DNS.
- Monitors and reviews all at risk residents (I+O’s, weights, restraints, falls, wounds, etc.). Oversees CWC program and ambulation programs as directed. Participates in committees and meetings. Provides input for Quality Improvement in the Nursing department.Assists Director of Nurses with disciplinary process when assigned.
- Complies with and follows facility Privacy Practices, policies & procedures and protects residents’ individual health information.
- Other duties deemed appropriate and assigned by your supervisor.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess accurate and comprehensive assessment skills.
- Must have knowledge of restorative nursing rehabilitation policies and utilize appropriately.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to appropriate personnel regarding emergency situations.
About Athena Health Care Systems:Waterview Villa is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 1275 South Broadway, East Providence, Rhode Island 02914
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Differential pay
- Overtime pay
- Weekly bonus
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Weekends as needed
- RN (Required)
Work Location: In person
|Nursing, Registered Nurse - RN