We are hiring a Resident Care Coordinator (RCC) to join our dynamic care team at Laurel Ridge Health Care Center in Ridgefield!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our residents and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the com
As a Resident Care Coordinator, the primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize and direct the MDS process in accordance with federal and state standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility.
Education & Experience:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing, college or university. LPN or RN.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Must possess skills in leadership and communication.
- Must possess creativity, integrity, and initiative.
- It is preferred, but not required, that there is prior experience in completing MDS’
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordination of MDS process.
- Coordinate and attend resident care conferences to ensure development, implementation and evaluation of a care plan that is current and reflective of resident needs and preferences.
- Attend morning report and communicate information about resident condition changes to the interdisciplinary team.
- Complies with facility privacy practices policies and procedures and protects resident’s individual health information.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Attend and coordinate the Medicare Meetings.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to coordinate the MDS process, OBRA required MDS and appropriate care plans for each resident timely.
- Must be knowledgeable in the Medicare A process, including coordination of Medicare meetings, initiating physician cert/recerts, issuing of Medicare denial letters, determining skilled level of care, identifying criteria to end a Benefit Period, coordinating PPS MDS assessments, setting ARDs for appropriate reimbursement and projecting RUG categories.
- Must be able to ensure transmission/acceptance of all MDS assessments to the CMS repository
- Must be able to ensure development, evaluation, and implementation of resident care plans.
- Must be able to understand and use the QM Reports
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to appropriate personnel in all situations.
- Must possess accurate and comprehensive assessment skills to ensure standards of nursing practice.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Laurel Ridge is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Pay: Salary role up to $108,000 a year.
Shift: Monday – Friday, days