Our nursing home in North Easton is hiring a Diet Technician to join our family!
As a Diet Technician, you help provide nutritional guidance pertaining to resident needs, preferences, and individual dietary modifications. Reporting to the Director of Dining Services, you help ensure quality nutritional services are being provided to the residents we care for on a daily basis and that the nutritional requirements coordinate in conjunction with the selective menu process.
Must possess as a minimum, a high school diploma, and two (2) years of additional schooling for certification as a Diet Technician.
A minimum one (1) year experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or other related medical facility.
THE PERKS OF ATHENA:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of dining service procedures as well as related laws, regulations and guidelines governing dietary functions in the long-term care facility.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of the dining service areas; must perform regular inspections of dietary services areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be able to relate information concerning the resident’s condition.
Athena Health Care Systems has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Employees
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- And Much More!
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 184 Lincoln Street, Easton, Massachusetts 02356