We are hiring a Maintenance Assistant to join our dynamic care team at Oakland Grove in Woonsocket!
The shift is evening during the week as well as rotating weekends during the day.
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our residents and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the com
As a Maintenance Assistant, you maintain the grounds, facility, and equipment, in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisor, to assure that a successful maintenance program is maintained at all times.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- General background in repair and maintenance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recognize hazards to residents or staff safety and take appropriate action to maintain safe environment according to facility policy and procedures.
- Organize and prioritize.
- Replace, repair and purchase items according to facility policy and procedure.
- Plan and implement preventive maintenance program and document accurately.
- Maintain weather protection against cold, heat, fire and other hazards.
- Supervise outside contractors.
- Serve on-call for emergency and off-duty hours.
- Perform errands and tasks as required.
- Maintain upkeep of exterior of building and grounds in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of maintenance areas.
- Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must have the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing maintenance practices.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must possess sufficient mechanical abilities to handle facility maintenance needs with little outside contract use.
About Athena Health Care Systems:Oakland Grove is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.Location: 560 Cumberland Hill Road, Woonsocket, Rhode Island 02895