We are hiring an Infection Preventionist (Infection Control Nurse) to join our dynamic care team at Waterview Villa Rehab in East Providence!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As the ICN, you plan, organize, develop, coordinate, direct and evaluate our Infection Control Program and its components in accordance with current federal, state, local and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations that govern such programs, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Infection control Committee to ensure that an effective Infection Prevention & Control Program is maintained.
Education & Experience:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing, college or university.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must possess training or current experience in wound care.
- Certification in infection control and/or wound care preferred, but not necessary. Two years of Infection Control/Wound Care experience preferred.
- Must have as a minimum, two (2) years clinical experience in a long-term care facility.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Must possess a working knowledge of epidemiology, microbiology, infectious diseases, and aseptic techniques to include Standard Precautions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains, executes and oversees the comprehensive Infection Control and Prevention Program.
- Communicates and informs the Infection Control and Prevention Committee of any Infection related issue, i.e.; outbreak activity, via Quarterly Medical Staff/QA reports.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation related to the Infection Control & Prevention Program.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation related to the facility Skin Integrity Program.
- Evaluates the status of Infection related practices in the facility via monthly surveillance rounds.
- Maintains updated community awareness of potentially threatening infections.
- Assists the Staff Development Director in the education of employees in Infection Control Practices, Policies, and Procedures.
- Coordinates and reports on the Annual OSHA Sharps survey.
- Maintains Employee Health Records
- Participates in the Employee Health and Safety Committees.
- Reviews Monthly Laboratory reports, assures up to date laboratory policy/procedure manuals are available. Reviews the annual antibiogram.
- Handles the Employee Exposure follow up procedures.
- Reviews employee illness logs for trends/patterns and outbreaks and institutes appropriate infection control measures.
- Coordinates employee annual TB symptom surveys; if annual employee Tuberculin skin tests are required, will assure their completion.
- Coordinates and assists in the annual influenza program.
- Protects residents’ individual health information.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions in a timely manner.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care and infection control, to include Universal Precautions.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for preventing and controlling infections, to include the establishing of Universal Precautions.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents and staff.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to appropriate personnel regarding emergency situations.
- Must possess accurate and comprehensive resident assessment skills.
About Athena Health Care Systems:Waterview Villa is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 1275 South Broadway, East Providence, Rhode Island 02914