We are hiring a Unit Manager to join our dynamic care team at The Tremont in Wareham!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our residents and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As the Unit Manager, you are responsible for the 24-hour coordination and management of resident care activities, unit operations, and nursing personnel on a designated nursing unit or shift in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long term care facility.
Includes weekends as needed as well as on-call. Pay ranges from $41 to $50/hour based on experience.
Education & Experience:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must possess an RN or LPN.
- Bachelor's in Nursing preferred & CPR certification required.
- Three years of experience with one year of long-term or subacute care experience required.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Serve as a resource to staff in clinical and managerial decision making, delegates responsibilities to staff.
- Assists in developing methods of coordination of nursing services with other resident care services to ensure the continuity of the resident’s total regimen of care.
- Participates in inspections (surveys) made by authorized government agencies.
- Participates in and assures appropriate assessment of residents, validates nursing staff’s clinical decisions.
- Participates in development, implementation and communication of resident’s care plan.
- Assures that staff is implementing care plans, performing care activities appropriately, and recognizing changes in resident status.
- Makes frequent rounds on nursing unit(s) to ensure that all personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with established nursing standards, and that all resident’s needs are being met.
- Monitors documentation procedures of nursing staff. Audits assigned documentation on a daily basis to ensure that all federal, state and facility requirements are met. Follows-up on problem areas with employees and makes oral/written reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Cooperates with interdepartmental personnel, as well as other departments within the facility to assure that services are properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Within the framework of established staffing patterns, recognizes needs and works to facilitate appropriate assignment of staff.
- Meets with staff on a regularly scheduled basis to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services.
- Functions in the role of staff nurse or provides direct care to meet the needs of the residents as needed/required.
- Follows established universal precautions and infection control policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Reviews complaints and grievances made by the resident or responsible party and submits an oral/written report to the Director of Nursing, what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess accurate and comprehensive assessment skills.
- Must be familiar with drug actions and interactions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
The Tremont is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
|Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN, Nursing, Registered Nurse - RN