We are hiring full-time Housekeepers to join our dynamic care team at Cape Heritage Rehab in Sandwich!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a member of our housekeeping team, you perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
Education and Experience:
No experience necessary, on-the-job training provided. A minimum of one (1) year experience in housekeeping in a nursing home or other related medical facility preferred, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure residents’ rooms are neat, clean and free from odor.
- Wet mops floors daily.
- Shampoo and extract carpets as per schedule.
- Attend to spills immediately.
- Empty trash liners and clean containers.
- Clean bed and rails with disinfectant.
- Clean all countertops, windowsills, bedside tables, furniture and over the bed.
- Strip, seal and refinish floors as per schedule.
- Clean floor edges and corners to prevent build-up.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Clean personal items, pictures, decorations, flowers, etc.
- Demonstrate correct safety techniques.
- Contribute to effective communication and pleasant working conditions.
- Complies with privacy practices and protects residents’ health information.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas, must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order and safety.
- Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out and accept new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing housekeeping practices.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instructions, etc.
- Must be able to communicate information effectively to appropriate personnel regarding emergency situations.
About Athena Health Care Systems:Cape Heritage is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 37 Massachusetts 6A, Sandwich, Massachusetts 02563