We are hiring Support Attendants to join Athena Care at Home in Connecticut!
Openings in Manchester, Middletown, and East Haven! Actively recruiting for all shifts including 12-hour days and overnights. Weekend shift differentials.
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a Support Attendant, you provide supervision for safety and assistance to the client in activities of daily living to maintain the client in their home. The Support Attendant will provide compassionate nonmedical personal care to support clients living with physical, emotional, or cognitive impairments. Duties will include performing basic housekeeping duties, assisting with personal hygiene, and providing companionship.
Education & Experience:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or GED
- Certified Nurse’s Aide, Home Health Aide or Personal Care Assistant Certification
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Able to provide covered Support services according to the client's care plan, respond appropriately to client's needs and reports changes in the client's condition to the office and appropriate representative.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Assist with Toileting
- Skin care to maintain the health of the skin.
- Range of motion (ROM) and muscle strengthening exercises to maintain an optimal level of functioning.
- Respiratory assistance
- Transfers and ambulation
- Bathing, grooming, and hair washing are necessary for personal hygiene.
- Turning and position of the client
- Prompting patients to take medication.
- Application and maintenance of prosthetics and orthotics
- Dressing or undressing of the client(s)
- Assistance with eating, meal preparation and grocery shopping
- Accompanying to medical appointments
- Assisting, monitoring, or prompting the client to complete the above items.
- Redirection, monitoring, and observation are integral part of a personal care plan in the above items.
- Redirection and intervention for behavior, including observation and monitoring.
- Interventions for seizure disorders if the client has had a seizure in the past three (3) months.
- Incidental household services that are an integral part of a personal care plan in the above items
- Appropriate reporting of changes in client status.
- Timely and accurate completion of visit documentation
- Adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) privacy policies and procedures. Maintain confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, families and employees.
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, client families, ACTG staff, community providers and referral sources.
- Always maintain a professional appearance
Pay is $17/hour.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Athena Care at Home is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.