We are hiring a Clinical Supervisor to join our dynamic care team in Farmington!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
In this role, you are responsible for ensuring patient care is coordinated, managed, and delivered appropriately while overseeing clinical personnel.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s in nursing preferred.
- Connecticut RN license required.
- Prior experience in hospice/home care with two (2) years management or supervisory experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including home visits, to determine hospice/home care needs. Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed. Conferences with Medical Director regarding any questions about an individual’s eligibility for services.
- Reviews and evaluates each case through a variety of means such as home visits, conferences, record review and the services provided by clinicians; discusses and verifies impressions, instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services; and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
- Reviews patient’s medical diagnosis, prognosis, medications, procedures and clinical course.
- Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of care.
- Attends case conference meetings with hospice personnel to facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary group involvement.
- Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to Clinical Director and hospice personnel.
- Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Assists Clinical Director and other supervisory hospice personnel in the planning, implementation and evaluation of inservice and continuing education programs. Assists in the formulating, revising, implementing, and evaluating organization policies, procedures, goals and objectives, both short and long range.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Assesses health needs of community and assists in the development of plan(s)/ program(s) to meet needs. Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the organization’s role as an effective member of the hospice and health care delivery system. Promotes customer service orientation to all hospice personnel.
- Participates actively in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the Clinical Director.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.