We are hiring a Therapeutic Recreation Director “TRD” to join our team!
Where you work is as important as the work you do!
When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Possesses the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the public.
- Must be knowledgeable in the Privacy Rule and ensure all staff comply with facility privacy practices policies and procedures.
- Possesses the ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Displays tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to adapt and modify work practices to residents based on whatever level at which they are currently functioning.
- Possesses the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing policies and procedures.
- Possesses the ability to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Participates in continuing education and in-service training.
- Possesses the ability to push, pull or lift, all without restrictions up to 51 lbs. Moving furniture, various equipment and displays up to about 100 pounds is frequently required—WITH the equipment designed for that purpose.
- Must be a qualified Therapeutic Recreation Director who is credentialed by the state and/or eligible to become qualified with satisfaction of requirements and is eligible for certification as a CTRS.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an Associate Degree or Certificate in Therapeutic Recreation — or be a candidate in an accredited degree program with proof of enrollment and ultimately, completion of a program in Therapeutic Recreation.**
*Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year of full-time employment in Therapeutic Recreation in a health care facility; or a bachelor’s degree in a related field and 6 credit hours of Therapeutic Recreation coursework; or an associate degree in a related field and two years full time employment in Therapeutic Recreation in a health care setting; or an associate degree in a related field and nine credit hours of Therapeutic Recreation coursework. A related field shall include, but not be limited to Sociology, Psychology, Art, Music or Education.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 21 Maefair Court, Trumbull, Connecticut 06611
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person