PURPOSE OF YOUR POSITION
Provides patient/resident assessment, care planning, direct treatment and consultation to a general rehab caseload. Participates in the clinical team process. Provides teaching and training to care giver staff. Involvement in clinical program development. Supervises other assistants, aides and students as required.
- Could be M.S. or M.A. in Speech Language Pathology and Certificate of Clinical Competency.
- CEU’s per state licensure requirements.
- Current licensure by the applicable state agency.
- Current membership in professional organizations preferred.
- Two years of clinical experience in long term care preferred.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screens patients/residents.
- Evaluates patients/residents and develops appropriate care plans.
- May perform additional assigned administrative duties such as: assigning and overseeing resident care activities, medical record oversight, assuring execution of physician orders, ordering supplies, etc.
- Under a physician’s order, provides direct patient/resident treatment in accordance with an established plan of care. Treatment venue includes one-on-one, supervised and group.
Please contact Tracey Ferreira at 508-927-3328 for more information.