We are hiring a Social Worker to join our dynamic care team at Shaorn Health Care Center in Sharon, Connecticut!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a Social Worker, your role is to plan, organize, develop, and direct all required social services to meet the needs of residents in accordance with federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility and as may be directed by the Administrator to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis.
Experience & Education:
- A minimum of one (1) year social work in a hospital, skilled facility, or other health-related field preferred.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a bachelor’s in social work from an approved school of social work.
- For a Director of Social Services role, a master’s in social work is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and monitor resident care conferences.
- Work with individual residents, responsible parties, and families towards adjustment to placement and to crisis (i.e., illness, disability, and death).
- Complies with facility Privacy Practices policies and procedures and protects residents’ individual health information.
- Complete comprehensive documentation in a timely manner.
- In the role of advocate coordinate personal needs.
- Utilize community resources appropriately.
- Support staff in relation to resident-related issues.
- Demonstrate correct safety techniques.
- Respect and take care of facility equipment and not wasteful of supplies.
- Contribute to and promote positive resident and family relations.
- Follow facility policies and procedures.
- Other duties deemed appropriate and assigned by your supervisor.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and general public.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as being willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing Social Service practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition/incident to the Interdisciplinary Team as appropriate.
About Athena Health Care Systems:Sharon Health Care Center is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 27 Hospital Hill Road, Sharon, Connecticut 06069
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Social Work License (Required)
Work Location: In person
|Job Category||Social Services|