PURPOSE OF YOUR POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct nursing care to residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the nursing assistant. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by your supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing, college or university.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must have as a minimum, one (1) year experience in a hospital, long-term care facility or other related health care facility is preferable.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet the nursing and rehabilitation needs of each resident.
- Maintain current resident care plans on all residents under his/her care.
- Follow physician’s orders. Renders and/or assist with complete nursing care, treatments, dressings, and other physician orders.
- Transcribe physician’s orders promptly and accurately.
- Review patient records daily to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Document comprehensive and complete nursing notes.
- Maintain accurate awareness of residents on alert list/conduct and document RN assessments as needed.
- Document and report any unusual or significant findings; contact the physician when necessary.
- Administer medication according to procedure if applicable.
- Maintain an accurate and safe control of all drugs for which he/she is responsible.
- May scan and destroy non-controlled medication.
Please contact Maleka Clarke at 203-426-5847 for more information.
|Job Category||Nursing, RN / LPN|