PURPOSE OF YOUR POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct nursing care to residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the nursing assistant. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by your supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing or college.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Participates in in-service training as requested.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as an RN.
A minimum, one (1) year experience in a hospital, long-term care facility or other related health care facility is preferable.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet the nursing and rehabilitation needs of each resident.
- Maintain current resident care plans on all residents under his/her care.
- Follow physician’s orders. Renders and/or assist with complete nursing care, treatments, dressings, and other physician orders.
- Transcribe physician’s orders promptly and accurately.
- Review patient records daily to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Document comprehensive and complete nursing notes.
- Visit each resident daily to evaluate resident needs.
- Maintain accurate awareness of residents on alert list.
- Document and report any unusual or significant findings; contact the physician when necessary.
- Administer medication according to procedure.
- Maintain an accurate and safe control of all drugs for which he/she is responsible.
Please Contact Karen Helie, DON, at 978-458-8773 for more information.
|Job Category||RN / LPN|