PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team for the provision of skilled nursing assessment, planning and care on an on-call basis in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families consistent with Hospice Services of Massachusetts’ policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possession of current license to practice as a registered professional nurse in the state of Massachusetts.
- Preferably a B.S. degree in nursing.
- Minimum two years of varied work experience as a professional nurse and preferably one of the two years in an acute or hospice setting.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings.
- Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of
- Respond to on-call messages that will include making recommendations via phone and making visits to the home of the patient about whom the call is received.
- Make scheduled hospice visits to patients as directed by Clinical Manager; includes visits to patients admitted the previous day, and any patients with a clinical need for a visit.
- Death pronouncements for patients dying at home or in a location where there is not a registered nurse to pronounce death.
- Complete assessments for hospice eligibility.
- Complete admissions as directed by Clinical Manager.
- Write progress notes for all telephone contact and all in-person visits.
- Contact attending physician or medical director as needed for any changes in patient status or need for change in physician orders.
- Provide appropriate support at time of death and perform bereavement assessment if requested.
Please contact Jimmy Wilson at 860-751-3970 for more information.
|Job Category||Hospice, Nursing|