JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The physical therapist contracted or employed through the Organization is responsible for providing physical therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Personnel Services Agreement.
- Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or master’s program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization.
- Licensed to practice as a physical therapist within the state, if applicable.
- Two years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist. Community/home health experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician’s plan of care.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
Please contact Jimmy Wilson at 860-751-3970 for more information.