We are currently hiring for Per Diem Personal Care Attendants (PCA) to join our growing team! We at Athena Care at Home are seeking those PCA’s who are passionate about providing care to clients in a one-on-one environment where you can focus on their individual needs. The service locations of this position is Hartford and/or Torrington, CT.
Please contact Rachel Ciarello at 860-751-3620 for more information.
We care for our staff so they can care for our clients. We provide personalized training based on Best Practices and the individual staff members needs.
Athena Care at Home is the Private Duty Company of Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, Athena Health Care Systems has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. Throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, has been recognized as one of the largest managers of skilled nursing facilities and home health and hospice services. With training from our leadership team and support from our co-workers, you are guaranteed to succeed!
- Assist with Toileting
- Skin care to maintain the health of the skin
- Range of motion (ROM) and muscle strengthening exercises to maintain an optimal level of functioning
- Transfers and ambulation
- Bathing, grooming and hair washing necessary for personal hygiene
- Application and maintenance of prosthetics and orthotics
- Accompanying to medical appointments
- Assisting, monitoring or prompting the client to complete the above items
- Redirection and intervention for behavior, including observation and monitoring
- Interventions for seizure disorders if the client has had a seizure in the past three (3) months
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- Certified Nurse’s Aide, Home Health Aide or Personal Care Assistant Certification
- High school diploma or GED
- United States Citizenship or evidence of a valid Alien Work Permit.
- Reliable Vehicle
- Active Driver’s License
- Active Registered Vehicle
- Vehicle Insurance with proof of coverage
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.