We are hiring for Laundry Assistants to join our team!
Please contact Jose Cheverria at 401-438-7020 for more information.
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of laundry practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing laundry functions in the long-term care facility.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of laundry areas, must perform regular inspections of laundry areas for sanitation, order, and safety.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing laundry practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition/incident.
A minimum of one (1) year experience in laundry operations preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.