We are hiring for an Infection Preventionist to join our team!
Please contact Omera Young at 203-426-5847 for more information.
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice nursing in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions in a timely manner.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care and infection control, to include Universal Precautions.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, etc., that are necessary for preventing and controlling infections, to include the establishing of Universal Precautions. Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents and staff.
- Must possess accurate and comprehensive resident assessment skills.
- Must possess training or current experience in wound care.
- Certification in infection control and/or wound care preferred, but not necessary. Two years of Infection Control/Wound Care experience preferred.
- Must have as a minimum, two (2) years clinical experience in a long-term care facility.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Must possess a working knowledge of epidemiology, microbiology, infectious diseases, and aseptic techniques to include Standard Precautions.
Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing, college or university. Must be CPR certified.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
|Job Category||Infection Control|