We are hiring for a Human Resource Manager to join our team!
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- Maintains confidentiality of all employee and resident related information.
- Maintains accurate and organized administrative files, records and facility policy books.
- Maintains facility personnel files, ensures the timely completion of all required evaluations and paperwork, coordinate and manage accurate and organized personnel files.
- Assists in recruitment and retention of facility staff.
- Completes all background check processes in accordance with all federal and state specific regulations and facility protocols.
- Completes professional license and certified nursing certification verifications, as well as ongoing verifications throughout an employee’s employment
- Coordinates and completes a successful and positive onboarding experience for new employees, ensuring full compliance with facility protocols.
- Coordinates inter/intra facility communication.
- Coordinates Worker’s Compensation and all other in-house insurance programs (medical, dental, short term disability, life insurance, etc.).
- Responds to employee questions and problems pertaining to the eligibility and availability of benefits.
- Maintains all regulatory required logs and records (i.e., FMLA, OSHA, EEOC, CHRO, etc.).
- Knowledge about laws and regulations relating to job responsibilities, e.g., EEO, OSHA, patient rights, fraud/abuse laws.
- Supervises the facility reception employees, including interviewing, hiring, disciplining and terminating employees performing this function.
- Complies with facility Privacy Practices and protects all residents’ individual health information.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an administrative supervisory capacity preferably within a health care or skilled nursing facility.
- Is proficient in composition of verbal and written communication.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents, staff, based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Is proficient with computer software programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Pay force, etc.).
Minimum of an Associate degree with a concentration in Human Resources or 5 years experience in an administrative supervisory capacity.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 1360 Torringford Street, Torrington, Connecticut 06790
Job Type: Full-time
|Job Category||Human Resource|