PURPOSE OF YOUR POSITION
The primary purpose of your position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
On the job training provided.
A minimum of one year experience in housekeeping in a nursing home or other related medical facility preferred.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure residents’ rooms are neat, clean and free from odor.
- Wet mops floors daily.
- Buff floors as requested.
- Shampoo and extract carpets as per schedule.
- Attend to spills immediately.
- Empty trash liners and clean containers.
- Clean bed and rails with disinfectant.
- Clean all countertops, windowsills, bedside tables, furniture and over the bed.
- Strip, seal and refinish floors as per schedule.
- Clean floor edges and corners to prevent build-up.
Please contact Eloisa Serrano at 203-426-5847 for more information.