PURPOSE OF YOUR POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to direct educational programs in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and as may be directed by the Administrator or Director of Nursing, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Registered Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing, college or university.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must have as a minimum, one (1) year Nursing Supervisor experience in a long-term care facility.
- Must have one (1) year experience in staff education.
- Must have experience in supervision, principles and practices of teaching, etc.
- Must possess skills in leadership and communication.
- Must possess creativity, integrity, and initiative.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that general orientation is completed for all employees.
- Conduct job specific orientation for Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Identify needs for inservices and ongoing education by direct observations of care, review of issues identified in morning report, review of quality improvement reports, discussion with staff and managers.
- Develop and implement educational programs based on identified needs to ensure the knowledge and skills of personnel.
- Assure the use of learned skills in the clinical area through daily monitoring.
- Provide all mandated training, eg., IV inservicing, fire safety, exposure control plans, etc.
- Ensure that direct care providers receive 2 hours of pain management inservicing annually.
- Provide dementia care training to care givers.
- Conduct C.N.A. training programs as required by the facility.
- Develop and distribute annual and monthly education calendars.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|Job Category||Nursing, Staff Development|