We are hiring a Dementia Program Coordinator to join our team in Newport!
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- Must possess sensitivity to those diagnosed with Dementia and their families.
- Must have an understanding of implementing engaging and meaningful activities for those with dementia.
- Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and general public.
- Must be knowledgeable in the privacy rule and ensure all staff comply with facility privacy practices and policies and procedures.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other departments and to work with minimal supervision. Must possess the ability to lead, educate and direct others as needed.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to work with residents at the level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing program.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must participate in continuing education and in-service training.
EXPERIENCE with Alzheimer’s and Dementia:
As a minimum, (1) year experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical facility activities department is preferred. Experience working with those diagnosed with Dementia or Alzheimer’s required.
Must possess, as a minimum, a College Degree or its equivalent in Therapeutic Recreation or related field. Education and Experience in Dementia or Alzheimer’s Care is required. CDP Preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 398 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, Rhode Island 02840
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person