We are hiring for Cook to join our team for Afternoon/Evenings and Weekends!
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Cherrybrook. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of dining service procedures as well as related laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing home operations.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
One (1) year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical facility preferred, but not necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Cherrybrook follows federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Cherrybrook, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 102 Dyer Avenue, Canton, Connecticut 06019
Job Type: Part-time
|Job Category||Dining Services|