Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) needed!
Please contact Omera Young at 203-426-5847 for more information.
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and personal time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to appropriate personnel regarding emergency situations.
- Must have knowledge of restorative nursing and rehabilitation policies and procedures and utilizes appropriately.
Must be registered certified nurses’ aide in accordance with laws of this state. CPR certification preferred, but not necessary. High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
General work experience in long term care preferred, but not necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
|Job Category||CNA, Nursing|