We are hiring for the Business Office Manager to join our team!
Please contact the HR Manager at 860-653-9888 for more information.
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Shift differentials
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- Attend daily meetings to review discharges, admissions, and payor changes.
- Private and Private Co-Insurance billing and collections
- Track daily census, daily deposits, and perform monthly reconciliation
- Process account adjustments and refunds
- Assists in tracking and processing documents necessary for State of CT pay starts
- Perform account analysis to resolve non-payment issues
- Work with families, attorneys, and agencies to process Medicaid applications
- Assists in processing HMS Audits
- Good communication, organizational, telephone and computer skills
- And other duties as assigned
3-5 years nursing home experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
|Job Category||Accounts Receivable, Administration|