We are hiring an Assistant Director of Nursing to join our dynamic care team at Lanessa Extended Care in Webster!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As an Assistant Director of Nursing, the primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Director of Nursing Services in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility.
Experience & Education:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing, college, or university. B.S.N. preferred.
- CPR certified.
- Must have as a minimum, one (1) year experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the DNS with planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the overall operations of the Nursing Services department, according to state, federal, local and corporate standards and regulations, policy and procedure, and scope of practice. Maintain familiarity with facility organizations and functions of all departments.
- Meets the clinical needs of all residents while promoting positive resident and family relations.
- Contributes to effective communication and pleasant working conditions. Demonstrates leadership. Maximize the potential of each employee supervised.
- Assists with maintaining, reviewing and has input to development of all clinical policies and procedures. Ensures that Nursing policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists with continuously monitoring and reviewing the staffing needs, schedules and work assignments
- Oversees that all nursing assistants are certified and maintains a system to confirm currency and to track required in-service hours yearly to maintain certification as directed by the DNS.
- Oversees that all nurses are licensed and maintains a tracking mechanism to confirm currency as directed by the DNS.
- Makes rounds of each nursing unit and does visual inspection on each unit.
- Ensures that medications are administered, handled, stored, and audited properly.
- Assists the DNS with reviewing satisfaction of care and services by interviews with families and residents.
- Assists the Infection Preventionist in establishing and maintaining the Infection Control Program.
- Assists the Director of Staff Development in ensuring that all mandatory inservice education sessions, which are required by state and federal law, are performed per schedule; documented and such documentation is retained as directed by the DNS.
- Assists the DNS in developing safety standards for the nursing department and monitors these through employee incidents and develops a plan of correction and audit tool for prevention.
- Assist the DNS with Monthly Nursing department staff meetings that are held on all three shifts.
- Participates in surveys and inspections by government agencies and implements plans of correction for deficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must be knowledgeable with the privacy rule and ensure all staff comply with facility privacy practices policies and procedures.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, professional demeanor, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents, families and staff.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to appropriate personnel regarding emergency situations.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
About Athena Health Care Systems:Lanessa is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 751 School Street, Webster, Massachusetts 01570
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- Rehabilitation center
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- RN (Required)
Work Location: In person
|Job Category||Assistant Director of Nursing, Nursing|