PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Medical Director/Hospice Physician and the Executive Director, and in accordance with Athena Hospice Services of Massachusetts policies and procedures, is responsible and accountable for performance of a face to face assessment for assigned patients in consultation with the hospice Medical Director/Physician. In collaboration with the IDG (interdisciplinary group), patient and family, provides consultation, assessments and evaluation of hospice eligibility.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Registered Nurse duly licensed to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Comprehensive knowledge and well-developed skills in:
o Medicine and Pharmacology
o Pain and Symptom control
o Psychology of loss
o Understanding and acceptance of Hospice principles of care.
• Minimum of 3 years nursing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws for delivery of hospice services
• Valid Massachusetts Drivers License
• Proof of current Automobile Liability Insurance
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
The Per Diem Nurse Practitioner will meet all continuing education requirements necessary to maintain in effect the license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clinical/Direct Care
- Coordination/Case Management
- Travel is necessary
Please contact Jimmy Wilson at 860-751-3970 for more information.