Please contact Corporate Office at 860.751.3900 for more information.
Athena Health Care Systems, one of the region’s most respected names in senior living has an opportunity for an experienced Licensed Nursing Home Administrator to lead an exceptional team and center in Connecticut!
This highly compensated position requires an skilled and dynamic individual to manage a team of caring and talented professionals. As the leader of our team, our Administrators drive the day to day operations, set goals, and provide the leadership needed to ensure the continued success of the center.
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- Strong and dynamic leadership and communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the program goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with laws, regulations, and guidelines governing personnel administration.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Privacy Rule governing Protected Health Information.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm at all times when dealing with residents, employees, visitors, community, family, vendors, hospitals, physicians, consultants, and regulatory officers.
- Must be able to maintain exceptional skills in relating to personnel.
- Must be able to communicate, educate and train, policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess strong supervisory skills and independent decisions making skills.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess strong management and financial operations of the facility along with knowledge of reimbursement regulations and nursing practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to long-term care administration.
- Must develop and maintain a positive public relations/marketing plan.
- Conduct daily team rounds throughout the facility.
- Ongoing effective written and verbal communication.
- Uphold professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be on call 24 hours/7 days a week, via cell phone, with emergency response to the facility as needed.
Must possess a current, unencumbered Nursing Home Administrator’s license or meets the licensure requirements of the State. Must possess a working knowledge of long-term care operational standards set forth in Federal and State regulations. Prior long-term care administration training and experience preferred as a licensed nursing home administrator.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 135 South Road, Farmington, CT 06032
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location