We are hiring a Director of Staff Development to join our dynamic care team at Sheriden Woods in Bristol!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a Director of Staff Development, the purpose of your job is to direct educational programs for staff in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
Experience & Education:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Registered Nursing Degree from an accredited school of nursing, college, or university.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must have as a minimum, one (1) year Nursing Supervisor experience in a long-term care facility.
- Must have one (1) year experience in staff education.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that general orientation is completed for all employees
- Conduct job specific orientation for Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Develop and implement educational programs based on identified needs to ensure the knowledge and skills of personnel
- Develop and distribute annual and monthly education calendars
- Maintain a library of resource information and self-study programs for facility staff
- Maintain staff development records accurately and timely
- Conduct C.N.A. training programs as required by the facility
- Contribute to effective communication and pleasant working conditions
- Contribute to and promote positive resident and family relations
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Other duties assigned by manager
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must be knowledgeable in the privacy rule, comply with facility’s privacy practices, train staff in the same and provide additional training if changes are made to policies and/or there is staff non-compliance.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to appropriate personnel regarding emergency situations.
- Must possess accurate and comprehensive assessment skills to ensure standards of nursing practice.
About Athena Health Care Systems:Sheriden Woods is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 321 Stonecrest Drive, Bristol, Connecticut 06010
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- RN (Required)
Work Location: In person
|Nursing, Staff Development