We are hiring a Director of Nursing Services to join our dynamic care team at Sharon Health Care Center!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a Director of Nursing Services, the purpose of your position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of our Nursing Services Department in accordance with federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility.
Experience & Education:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, college, or university, B.S.N. preferred.
- CPR certified
- Certification in Gerontology is preferred
- Must have at least one (1) year of additional education or experience in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing and one (1) year of nursing administration. Nursing administration is defined as: Registered Nurses employed as Director of Nurses; Assistant Director of Nurses; Supervisor in a chronic and convalescent facility; employment in short-term hospital or chronic disease hospital as Director of Nurses, Assistant Director of Nurses, Supervisor, Staff Development Director, Infection Preventionist.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the nursing service department, according to state and federal guidelines and scope of patience.
- Maintains and reviews and has input to development of all clinical policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements a nursing service organization structure.
- Determines the staffing needs of the nursing service department, making recommendations to the Administrator, necessary to meet the needs of the residents.
- Oversees licensed nursing staff
- Develops work assignments and schedules duty hours, and/or assists nursing supervisor staff in completing and performing tasks necessary to ensure quality of care.
- Develops and maintains an on-call program for the nursing department.
- Makes daily rounds of each nursing unit and does visual inspection on each unit.
- Reviews satisfaction of care and services with interviews with families and residents.
- Assists the Infection Preventionist in establishing and maintaining the Infection Control Program.
- Assists the Director of Staff Development in ensuring that all mandatory in-service education sessions, which are required by state and federal law, are performed per schedule; documented and such documentation is retained.
- Assists the Administrator in developing safety standards for the nursing department and monitors these through employee incidents and develops a plan of correction and audit tool for prevention. The Director of Nurses is an active member of the Safety Committee.
- Abides by all reporting policies and measures set forth by Athena Health Care Systems.
- Other duties assigned by manager
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must be knowledgeable in the privacy rules and ensure all staff comply with facility privacy practices policies and procedures.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to appropriate personnel regarding emergency situations.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
*Rates are based on demonstrated applicable experience, license verification, and professional reference checks.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Sharon is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
|Director of Nursing, Nursing