We are hiring a Chaplain to join our care team with Hospice of Western & Central Massachusetts!
Located in Worcester County.
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
In this role, you are responsible for the provision of spiritual care services to patients and families/caregivers, either directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual counselors.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (BD, MDiv or equivalent theological degree).
- Experience working with death and dying, individuals/family/caregiver.
- Ability to work as member of interdisciplinary group.
- Comfort in an interfaith setting.
- Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and values.
- Ability to network with community clergy and congregations.
- Knowledge of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
- Hospice experience preferred.
- Ability to Travel. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures spiritual assessment of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development of the individualized the plan of care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet identified spiritual needs.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families/caregivers.
- Serves as liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policies and procedures review and revision.
- Documents direct services and ongoing communication with community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary group meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary group on spiritual care.
- Recruits community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient and family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and offering education through congregations about hospice care.
- Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as requested.
- Plans periodic memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with the hospice team.
- Assists in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when assigned to patients/ families/caregivers.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Hospice of Western & Central Massachusetts is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.