We are hiring a Substance Use Disorder Counselor to join our dynamic care team at The Tremont Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center in Wareham, Massachusetts.
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a Substance Use Disorder Counselor, the purpose of this position is to provide assessment and counseling services to residents with a diagnosis of, or history of, a substance use disorder via the use of individual and group therapy; provides consultation and educational services/ trainings to staff at the facility in a manner which respects diversity in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, and as directed by the Administrator, to assure that proper procedures are maintained at all times.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or related field
- Preferably licensed to practice in the State (LMHC/LICSW/LSW/ LMFT/ LADC-I)
- Experience in the area of treatment of clients with a substance use disorder.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct services to residents as represented in the caseload through: evaluations and screenings, crisis/emergency assessment and intervention, treatment planning and assessment, individual and group therapy
- Evaluates resident’s biopsychosocial needs.
- Identify behaviors and barriers that interfere with medical rehabilitation.
- Facilitates individual and group counseling.
- Develops appropriate treatment plan to address SUD.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care plan meetings.
- Collaborates with doctors, individuals, and other social services agencies, insurance providers and hospital networks regarding clients, client services and case management.
- Maintain client records and administrative records according to Athena’s policy.
- Attends administrative staff meetings as required.
- Provides orientation and ongoing in-service education to staff on the care and treatment of residents with a SUD as well as educating staff on SUD subject matter.
- Attends in-service education, clinical supervision and professional meetings as required.
- Ability to perform risk assessments using current accepted tools and practices to determine appropriate level of care.
- Can develop and implement treatment plans which are behaviorally oriented measurable and appropriate for the identified level of care.
- Clinical expertise specific to the target population (substance abusers in SNF) with an ability to engage clients effectively and work with other professionals and organizations.
- Working knowledge of modalities of treatment for substance use disorders in the community to facilitate appropriate discharges (detox programs, residential treatment, IOP/SOAP programs, MAT, individual therapy and self-help programs).
- Perform related duties as assigned.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
The Tremont Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 605 Main Street, Wareham, Massachusetts 02571
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person