We are hiring a Resident Care Coordinator Assistant (RCCA) to join our dynamic care team at Cape Heritage in Sandwich!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our residents and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As a Resident Care Coordinator Assistant, you will assist the Resident Care Coordinator in the day-to-day activities of the Resident Assessment Process in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be directed by the Resident Care Coordinator Director/MDS Director.
Experience & Education:
- Previous experience with the MDS process is preferred.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license and experience is required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, filing, typing, computer, and organizational skills.
- A minimum of a high school diploma and demonstrated capabilities of clerical skills with an emphasis on organization and ability to prioritize.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with monitoring of ADL Flow Sheets with observation of ADLs to ensure accuracy of coding.
- Provides education to CNAs on ADL coding.
- Maintains tracking form to evaluate progress of CNAs who have been identified as needing on-going education and provides the information to the RCC/MDS Director so that he/she can follow up.
- Enters demographic information into Minimum Data Sheet (MDS) software system.
- Completes discharge and re-entry MDS forms.
- Schedules resident care plan meetings and sending out invitations to family members.
- Coordinates teleconference meetings with family members, if requested.
- Schedules OBRA MDS for all LTC residents.
- Follows up with interdisciplinary team members on non-completed sections of MDS.
- Retrieves/Prints and faxes medical records to managed care companies for utilization review purposes.
- Transmits MDSs to the State database.
- Prints and files MDS, CAAs and care plans.
- Retrieves QM reports and emails to facility and Athena staff.
- Reproduces care plans that have been edited by interdisciplinary team members.
- Tracks and schedules all Medicare certifications and recertification.
- Mails and tracks all Medicare denial letters.
- Retrieves/prints and faxes medical records to QIO for any requested appeals.
- Assists with compiling medical records and preparing for submission with subsequent level appeals to QIC, ALJ, etc.
- Additional tasks as instructed by supervisor.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Be able to follow written and oral instructions.
About Athena Health Care Systems:Cape Heritage is managed by Athena Health Care Systems. Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday and Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- 401(k) with Employer Match for All Team Members
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 37 Massachusetts 6A, Sandwich, Massachusetts 02563
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- CNA (Required)
Work Location: In person
|Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA, Nursing, RCCA