We are hiring Aftercare Coordinators to join our dynamic care teams at our skilled nursing facilities throughout Massachusetts!
Job openings are available in Webster, Plymouth, Wareham, Worcester, and Rockland.
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As the Aftercare Coordinator, you provide aftercare planning to substance use disorder residents at our skilled nursing facility in preparation for their discharge, as well as follow-up surveys, and check-ins.
Experience & Education:
- Associate’s degree in human services or other relevant area of study in the field preferred.
- Experience in aftercare planning and community support services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess residents’ needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their aftercare goals.
- Participates in interdisciplinary planning conferences.
- Attends Medicare meetings.
- Maintain client records and administrative records according to Athena Health Care Systems policy.
- Attends administrative staff meetings as required.
- Attends in-service education, supervision, and professional meetings as required.
- Help residents work with government agencies to apply for and receive benefits, such as Medicaid.
- Develop aftercare plans to improve the residents’ well-being.
- Can develop and implement aftercare plans which are measurable and appropriate for the identified level of care.
- Ability to effectively advocate for and help residents get resources that would improve their well-being.
- Research and refer residents to community resources, such as SNAP Benefits, Mass Rehabilitation, Social Security Disability, Workforce Central, Housing and Health Care, including, but not limited to outpatient services, community support services and home health visiting nurse services.
- Expertise in specifically working with this target population with the ability to engage clients effectively and work with other professionals and organizations.
- Evaluate services provided to ensure effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and general public.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as being willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing Social Service practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition/incident to the Interdisciplinary Team as appropriate.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Benefits Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance