We are hiring a Director of Dining Services to join our dynamic care team in Southeastern Massachusetts!
Working with our team and residents will give you purpose in your professional and personal life.
Here at Athena Health Care Systems, our employees are the heart of our organization, and we take immense pride in their dedication. We are not only committed to delivering high-quality care and customer service to our patients and their families, but we also aspire to be the employer of choice. We strive to create a workplace where your skills and talents are nurtured to allow you to grow within the company.
As the department head, the primary purpose of your position is to assume responsibility for planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Dining Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or Corporate Director of Food Service Administration to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and insure that the dining services department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have completed an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association and state agencies.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a supervisor capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical field is preferred.
- Training in cost control, food management, diet therapy, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet sanitation standards.
- Must be able to provide point of service meal delivery.
- Follow all therapeutic diet guidelines including proper temperatures and serving times.
- Educate department staff in all aspects of dining service functions.
- Assure the planning, preparation, and serving of all therapeutic diets.
- Maintain all dining service equipment in a clean, and safe manner.
- Maintain sufficient inventory according to policy/procedure including emergency supply.
- Assure that staff is screened for communicable disease.
- Formulate menu planning with guidelines of dietician.
- Assure that menus are accurately adhered to and appropriate substitutions are made per policy.
- Delegate authority to competent staff in his/her absence.
- Provide dining services for any/all in-house functions.
- Ensure quality and quantity of all deliveries.
- Demonstrate correct safety techniques.
- Respect and take care of facility equipment and is not wasteful of supplies.
- Contribute to effective communicate and pleasant working conditions.
- Contribute to and promote positive resident and family relations.
- Follow facility policies and procedures.
- Is knowledgeable in and ensures staff comply with privacy practices to protect residents’ health information.
- Continue growth and expand job knowledge.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Maximize the potential of each employee supervised and maintain up to date evaluations.
- Other duties assigned by the administrator and/or regional dining director.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of dining service practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing dining services functions in the long-term care facility, including JCAHO.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the Dining Services Department.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of dining service areas, must perform regular inspections of dining services area for sanitation order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dining services practices.
- Must be able to read and interpret dining services cost reports, financial data, etc.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
About Athena Health Care Systems:
Athena Health Care Systems, headquartered in Connecticut, has been a pioneer in delivering exceptional healthcare services since its establishment in 1984. Operating nursing homes across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena stands out as one of the premier and highly regarded providers of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. Through our commitment to improving both the lives of our residents and the quality of our environments, we have transformed our managed facilities into thriving communities where residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life, and employees find a fulfilling and supportive work environment.
Become a vital part of our team committed to delivering exceptional care to the residents we serve.
- Competitive and Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay for Hourly and Salaried Employees
- Overtime Pay for Hourly Employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Exclusive Employer Discount Program
Available for Eligible Team Members:
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.